General Mills Cheerios
Truly Gluten Free?
Individual Gluten Tests for This Product
* Brands, logos, and any other marks shown on displayed packaging are trademarks of their respective entities. "Is It Truly Gluten Free?" is not affiliated with these entities and the presence of product images and associated marks on this website does not represent the endorsement or sponsorship of "Is It Truly Gluten Free?" by the producer(s) or affiliates of this product.
What You Should Know
As of the most recent test, performed on October 11, 2019:
- This product was labeled Gluten Free
- It was not certified Gluten Free
- Because it is labeled gluten free, by law this product should contain less than 20 PPM of gluten
Based on the combined results of all tests, as of October 11, 2019:
- This product appears to be gluten free at less than 10 PPM of gluten, and in accordance with its labeling.
- One Nima Sensor test has been performed. That test indicated the product was gluten free.
- One GlutenTox Sticks Plus test has been performed. That test indicated the product contained less than 3 PPM of gluten.
- Three GlutenTox Sticks Plus tests (Test #1, Test #2, and Test #3) have been performed. The combined results of those tests indicated gluten in quantities greater than 5 PPM. The third test indicated that the gluten concentration was below 10 PPM.
- One ELISA test has been performed. That test indicated a gluten concentration of 6.2 PPM.
- Indications are that this product contains significantly less than the 20 PPM maximum gluten threshold that its labeling requires. It is also well within the FDA's specifications for gluten-free-labeled food products.
- Because this product tested at 6.2 PPM gluten, extremely sensitive individuals may wish to avoid it.
- Manufacturers can change product ingredients without warning! Always check labels, including ingredient and allergy labeling! Don't assume that the information presented for a product on IITGF is always up-to-date!
- Never assume that simply because it was gluten free the last time you checked, nothing has changed!
- When purchasing food products make certain that you choose the correct one! Sometimes products will have different variations or flavors, and in some cases the packaging and/or labels can look very similar. Sometimes a gluten-free product will have a label similar to a gluten-containing product. This is one more reason to always check labels before buying!
- The information presented here should be used for general guidance only, in combination with other gluten avoidance methods (such as reading labels)!
- Simply because a test yields a particular result on IITGF does not necessarily mean that every instance of that product will be the same! Product ingredients and proportions can vary slightly from one package to another.