Great Value Gluten Free Tomato Condensed Soup
Truly Gluten Free?
Individual Gluten Tests for This Product
* Brands, logos, and any other marks shown on displayed packaging are trademarks of their respective entities. "Is It Truly Gluten Free?" is not affiliated with these entities and the presence of product images and associated marks on this website does not represent the endorsement or sponsorship of "Is It Truly Gluten Free?" by the producer(s) or affiliates of this product.
What You Should Know
As of the most recent test, performed on October 11, 2019:
- This product was labeled Gluten Free
- It was certified Gluten Free
- According to its certification, it should contain less than 20 PPM of gluten
Based on the combined results of all tests, as of October 11, 2019:
- This product appears to be gluten free at less than 3 PPM of gluten, and in accordance with its labeling.
- Two Nima Sensor tests have been performed. Both of those tests indicated the product was not gluten free.
- The third test, using GlutenTox Sticks Plus was performed immediately after the first two. This test indicated the product contained less than 3 PPM of gluten
- Due to the contradiction between the gluten-found result of the first two tests and the gluten-free result of test #3, a sample was sent off to Bia Diagnostics for ELISA testing. The ELISA result indicated less than 5 PPM of gluten, essentially mirroring the result of test 3.
- Due to the proven erroneous results of test #1 and #2, those tests have been invalidated. They will still be available on the site for reference, but will be clearly marked as invalid tests. Their results will not be factored into any historical statistics.
- Indications are that this product contains significantly less than the 20 PPM maximum gluten threshold that its labeling and certification require. It is also well within the FDA's specifications for gluten-free-labeled food products.
- Manufacturers can change product ingredients without warning! Always check labels, including ingredient and allergy labeling! Don't assume that the information presented for a product on IITGF is always up-to-date!
- Never assume that simply because it was gluten free the last time you checked, nothing has changed!
- When purchasing food products make certain that you choose the correct one! Sometimes products will have different variations or flavors, and in some cases the packaging and/or labels can look very similar. Sometimes a gluten-free product will have a label similar to a gluten-containing product. This is one more reason to always check labels before buying!
- The information presented here should be used for general guidance only, in combination with other gluten avoidance methods (such as reading labels)!
- Simply because a test yields a particular result on IITGF does not necessarily mean that every instance of that product will be the same! Product ingredients and proportions can vary slightly from one package to another.